As many long-time local residents are aware, the Upper Perkiomen Valley featured two Movie Houses in the 1920's: The Grand in East Greenville, and Pennsburg's Aurora Theatre (in the building formerly occupied by Riviera Pizza). When plans to construct the Grand were announced in the March 7, 1924 edition of The Town and Country newspaper, local competition heated up and the Aurora needed a way to compete with the brand new Grand Theatre.
The Aurora countered the coming of the Grand with the announcement that they would install this marvelous innovation - a 2 manual, 3 rank Wurlitzer theater organ in their theater.
The Aurora and many other theaters in the US were flocking to theater organ manufacturers to upgrade and benefit some cost savings with installing a theater organ! The Aurora’s instrument was delayed almost 2 months and was installed and playable just weeks before the Grand opened.